Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hook

Calling all post-ish Gen-Xers, those who won't change the station when Blues Traveler comes on, and who, when alone, sing along to the bridge in "Hook."

What the hell happened these last 10 years? I was going into my senior year in high school. It was summer. My whole life was promise and limitless possibility. It was all "catchy little tunes and hip, three-minute ditties."

I've done some things, some cool things, sure. I met Buzz Aldrin and dragged my ancient cat to London. But now I find myuself noticing the Youngers. People who were born in the 80s, whom I generally find to be mostly slackers and whores, are becoming Idols and Apprentices, Most Valuable Players and Oscar winners. They found their paths in life. Where's mine? I feel like John Popper busted all my balloons and burned all my cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home